Systems Staff Meeting Notes
January 8, 2007
January 8, 2007
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Mark Sullivan, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 12/18/06
- Talk of Gator football and HDTVs.
- Talk of parking/car pooling.
- Bobbie knows of a Harley motorcycle for sale.
- Library West dedication is Jan. 26.
- Dale's retirement party is Tues. Jan. 16. in Smathers Room 100.
- IT Expert position - 16 candidates - looks good. Will start to interview next week.
- Library Faculty Assembly to meet today.
- Re-class Project is winding down. They are currently reviewing IT positions and looking at pay equity across campus.
- Performance Initiative training is mandatory.
- John Ingram has been announced as the Interim Director of the Libraries.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Nets #1 - Xerox - do they still have our machines? Yes, but they should not need them for much longer. Christy may need them for another month or so.
- NT 16 - E: Drive failure (SCSI enclosure). Replaced the drives, but it was still showing one drive failure. It has been replaced and is rebuilding now. It may be the disk controller. This server houses the daily backups. Pat Haskins deleted a PST file right before the Christmas break that we may not be able to retrieve. Since then, we have moved the daily backups to another server. The MSL failover is to this server. MSL will have to disregard the test.
- East conference room - Facilities moved the cables and locked the laptop in the podium. The Bluetooth wireless mouse and keyboard will be available for checkout, as well as a USB transceiver and projector remote. We will make an entry for it in Outlook so that it can be reserved for checkout.
- Will use the current Video East setup for Room 100, when it is done.
- Amy is working on a Liaison Training program. She may be offering it by next month.
- Public workstation upgrades should be done.
- Public workstation failover scheduled for this Wednesday, January 10th.
Software Projects Status
- Xerox - meetings ongoing. They are still rebuilding the print release stations. Chrissy is suspicious that someone may be tinkering with her work and will change the passwords.
- Will received a statement of work from Dell Media Tech for finishing the work in West; had to make some corrections and sent it back. Will be a few more weeks.
- Training database - HR side is ready. Stuff is not cleared out from the HSS side. Waiting for response form Jana Ronan.
- Personnel database - completed the update for Tina to allow her to track retired and emeritus staff.
- DLC Tracking database - spreadsheet loader is close, just a few problems to work out.
- Greenstone - doing better - only two errors in the last few weeks.
- Chris is re-writing Forms-to-Mail in ASPX C-Sharp, not Linux.
- Carrel reservation system - creating a program for grad students and faculty to reserve the carrels in West.
- New request for EReserves from Natalie. This is done, just waiting for their okay.
- Bill Covey asked about getting ALEPH changes global across 200-300,000 records. Winston is researching it.
Students and Department
- Homepage redesign - the Directors discussed it last Friday - Dale liked design #19, but there were only 18 options. Tom believes she means the last design, 19. This will require that all of the announcements get moved to a second page. We may have a new homepage soon. They asked for a little less orange and to do a bit more with photos. Won't change the templates for now.
- Proxy log-on page has gone to the Resource Navigation Committee. No word yet.
- News page is Tom's new project. Tom was hoping the blog would work for the news. He is still trying to get it to work. It runs on PHP & Linux.
Systems Security Management
- No definitive student schedule as of yet. Should be finalized by the end of the week.
- Meeting held.