Systems Staff Meeting Notes
December 11, 2006
December 11, 2006
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 11/27/06
- Winston went to see the shuttle launch on Saturday night.
- It took 40 hours for Stephen to beat the Legend of Zelda on his new Wii. He hit himself in the face with the device, as well.
- Library West dedication - lots of events forthcoming. Will to forward relevant email.
- Air vents - EHS report - they have recommended that the air ducts and AC coils get cleaned. The recommendation has been forwarded to Bill Covey. We must remember, as is the case with most things, it may come down to an issue of available money. EHS also recommended that we dust our own work spaces (since the housekeeping crew is not required to do so). It is also noted that the south window wall needs to be sealed, as it is showing signs of moisture again. The ceiling tiles that ware water-damaged in room 17 should be replaced.
- National championship game is January 8th.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Nets#2 - Public workstation failover date should be listed as: Wednesday, Jan. 10.
- Nothing new with orders.
- Enunciator in MSL - has been installed. Amy is going to training for it on Wednesday.
- Amy is trying to set up a training program for liaisons.
- It will start at the end of January.
- We need some old workstations to use in the class.
Software Projects Status
- Xerox Print Services - Kristy is in the process of rebuilding the release station and Brent is working on obtaining the latest PRS software. They returned 12 of the 17 machines that they borrowed. Meeting set for Wednesday. Efforts are ongoing to improve the printing situation.
- Public workstation upgrades - need to take Adobe Acrobat to v.8.0, Xerox to PRS and Firefox to 2.0.
- Still waiting for the Statement of Work from Dell Media Tech for the work in West.
Students and Department
- Current Net info - needs to reflect whether it is a staff or public machine.
- Trouble Ticket Viewer mods are finished. It is now searchable by ticket number.
- Quality Control - move to pending outside forces - no response from Bill.
- Training database - in Phase Two - Chris and Stephen are working on it. They are adding feedback forms (online evaluation).
- Personnel database - Winston has been talking to Tina and Brian - they have 5 changes to be made - 3 ASAP - retaining employees in the system after their departure.
- Tom B. is working on a tool for the DLC Tracking database - it will upload Excel spreadsheets. This is adding on to what Mark had previously done.
- Mark is working on new version of UFDC before going to Guyana on Wednesday. It will be the second training session there.
Systems Security Management
- Grace graduates this semester. Her last day is tomorrow.
- Vera and Luiza will be returning for the spring semester. Vera is going to petition to be able to work over 20 hours. Hopefully, between the two, they can cover a week's worth of shifts and we won't need to hire a new student.
- Vera will be working a bit over the break.
- Meeting held.