Systems Staff Meeting Notes
November 27, 2006
November 27, 2006
Present: Thomas Bielicke, Will Chaney, Debra Fetzer, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Holidays were good for all.
- Discussion of traffic/traffic tickets.
- Chris attended his former high school's football game.
- Bobbie notes that the play "Cinderella" will be at the Harn on December 9.
- Orders - nothing new.
- Meeting next week. Send any topic ideas to Will.
Software Projects Status
- Xerox - meeting this week, probably on Wednesday - Amy has a spreadsheet listing the different problems that various departments are experiencing. She is still gathering info. Other schools are also having trouble printing PDFs. Xerox has scavenged about 17 of our machines so they can have them up and running as print release stations while they work on their machines. Did they upgrade the firmware on their printers? Don't know. They should have. If so, the new version of PRS software should fix some problems. We hope to resolve some things this week. Several issues point to configuration problems.
- Public workstation failover set for January 2.
- Public workstation upgrade - Verify Patron is in configuration management - v. 5.5. Will upgrade during student Christmas break.
- Statement of Work received from Dell Media Tech for West 229, 419 & Ref desk. Will had to send it back with corrections. It is probably going to be January before we see any action.
- Posting of the old repair tech position? Will told HR on Friday to go ahead and post it. It will be listed as an IT Expert position.
Systems Security Management
- Verify Patron is done.
- Quality Control to Bill.
- Training database - Stephen is working on a side project - batch conversion to load course descriptions from Central HR database.
- Personnel database - unknown, Winston is out.
- New function in Current Net - read-only to IRDB, except Mac addresses.
- Erich has requested a modification to the Web Trouble Ticket Viewer - Chris will be adding a feature so that you can search the database by a specific ticket number.
- Tom B. has been working with Mark on UFDC.
- Mark has been working on Greenstone and Ephemeral Cities.
- Meeting held.