Systems Staff Meeting Notes
October 16, 2006
October 16, 2006
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Mark Sullivan, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 10/9/06
- Bobbie received her 30 years of continuous service certificate, Debra: 15, Winston: 10.
- Today is National Boss's Day.
- Winston got a 9'4" gator!
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Moving date 10/19 - Rob is not here, but we assume it's still set to go. Start packing.
- Orders are ongoing.
Software Projects Status
- Xerox printing is not going very well. Still tracking and repairing. Equifax will be calling today. Trust violation in the domain problem. Rebooted, came back up.
- Verify Patron failures - we found many things that were wrong. We are still tracking and repairing. Will test again after revisions are complete.
- CCure - system stopped. LAC elevators were not functioning on Sunday. The Sentinel service failure.
- Web cluster failover - ASP pages break - Web installs vs Web2 installs - configuration differences. UFDC and DLOC were down. Server did not fail back.
- NT2R1 restart - move the cluster groups first, then restart. Will to try and do it during an off time. Eventually, we'll get the groups on 2R1 and 2R2 so the failover works.
- Programmers are working full time on Verify Patron.
- Chris is working on Current Net.
- Ying's position closed last week. Looks like there are two possible candidates. Winston is trying to contact them.
- Training database demo tomorrow at 2:30PM rm 429 West.
- JPEG 2K server is complete. It can be removed from the list.
Systems Security Management
- Metalib - choice of two tools is too much - may have only one for EJournals. We're leaning towards Serial Solutions. If we do away with Metalib, we'll be getting rid of personalized info. Tom is awaiting the final decision.
- The proxy log on screen will be changing. The format is still under discussion. Tom has devised a page that will let folks know when they have logged on successfully.
- Meeting held.