Systems Staff Meeting Notes
October 9, 2006
October 9, 2006
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Amy's dog is coming home from the vet today.
- Bobbie's oldest granddaughter was runner-up in the high point barrel racing (horseback).
- Old Systems - the carpet will be finished up tomorrow. We will probably be moving back next week - need to set up a date with the movers. Rob is looking into possibly reconfiguring the cubicle walls.
- Orders are flowing.
- VCR/DVDs arrived today.
- Failover - less-than-enthusiastic about early testing.
Software Projects Status
- Xerox - the old server still has not been swapped out. The new one was installed on Friday, but it was not charging money for prints. It is now failed back to the old server. We'll switch back after more tinkering.
- Amy found out the wireless is not working completely in West because a PO was never cut for that job.
- East has been getting charged for wall plate. Need refund.
- Media Tech installs held up because of enunciator - the wrong size was shipped to MSL. Had to return it. They are waiting for the new one.
- Vault combo to be changed.
- Anti-virus server - locked up the database. Port 25 was blocked - should not be. It was the default. ILL brought this to Will's attention.
Systems Security Management
- Chris and Stephen finished the training database. Demo next Tuesday, October 17 in room 429 West 2PM.
- Minor changes made to SysRequest and Current Net.
- The programmer position closes this Thursday.
- Removed tickets for Ying, Suzy and Geoffrey.
- Meeting held.