Systems Staff Meeting Notes
October 2, 2006
October 2, 2006
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Geoffrey Stewart, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 9/25/06
- Still no luck gator hunting. Winston's friend hooked one, but it got loose. Talk of gators ensues.
- Notification of raises dispersed.
- Xerox server - said it should be ready to go and would come by today to install. Have not seen them yet. They called Will a number of times over the weekend - they had questions regarding the OS installation. They have hired a new person to work on the server.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Geoffrey's going away luncheon will be Thursday, October 5 at 11:30AM - Saigon Legend.
- Orders - latest version of the PAL TVs for Circulation are on order. The tested system is to go to Cataloging today.
- Meeting scheduled for this week. Pass any concerns along to Amy.
Software Projects Status
- We will test the Verify Patron failover on Wednesday, October 11 at 7:30AM. We will cut off NT4 at that time and test the failover.
- Stephen has updated some of our old Web pages.
- Should be done with the Training Database this week. Will be able to add data courses.
- Chris is updating Current Net for Bobbie.
Systems Security Management
- MetaLib is out of Beta - decision to do so was made October 1st by Public Services. They used to report to Martha, now it's: Carol Turner. The ball is in their court. Links added to the appropriate modules.
- Tom is working on a gonzo E-journal page.
- Vista - Public Services are testing on all apps.
- 'Tuesdays with Tom' - this week: IE7.
- Meeting held.