Systems Staff Meeting Notes
September 18, 2006
September 18, 2006
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Geoffrey Stewart, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 9/11/06
- Chris is painting his house - hard work - luckily, he has the help of friends and family.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Ann #1 - Winston may go out gator hunting again - this time, when there is no full moon.
- Orders are going out.
- Problem with UFDC this morning - dead. Dell is bringing motherboard, riser and processor. Geoffrey worked on it, but Dell needs to come out.
- NT2R - problems this morning. Will restarted it - seems okay now.
- Xerox will be replacing the troublesome server.
- Public machines being set up for stand-bys - as quick replacements.
Software Projects Status
- Public workstation failover - not quite ready. Marvin has about 50 done. May continually test the first Tuesday of each month.
- Bloomberg - working without DeepFreeze. Other security measures to be taken.
- Trouble Ticket Viewer - Google brings up results from it - we have now limited it to liaisons only. File at Web server root is not to be indexed - case sensitive. Malicious spider can get past, but not password. Will test again in a few days.
- Dloc.com domain purchased by Erich for a grant. We might be hosting.
- HRPD - Chris finished it. Jobs and descriptions are now available online.
- Winston interviewed one person for Ying's old position. Erich approved, need to verify references.
- ALEPH - FCLA issue - barcodes becoming inactive.
- GatorLink changes - pertaining to roles coming into and out of validity.
Systems Security Management
- Tom was asked to redesign the log-in proxy page by Public Services.
- Blogs - Tom is learning - installed Web Press - template is object - branding is important.
- Meeting held.