Systems Staff Meeting Notes
August 14, 2006
August 14, 2006
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Debra Fetzer, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Amy Polk, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 7/31/06
- Chris is buying a new house.
- Discussion on the price of gas.
- Cynthia's cat is celebrating her first birthday and her dad is celebrating his 70th.
- Old Systems area - they are painting and scraping. No need to call Barry anymore to go down there - the abatement is done.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- RIR #1 - Toshiba TV/DVD/VCR combos - received the six that were ordered for West. Turns out, they are too big to fit in the booths. We ordered exactly what they specified. We are waiting to hear what they decide to do with the items. (We do not track TVs with WSIDs)
Support Issues & Liaisons
- Will is trying to keep up with ordering.
- Dreamweaver/Contribute issue ironed out.
- John VanHook - computer problem when upgrading from WIN2K to XP. Needed a fresh install.
- Brian Keith & the HR student computer - both are still on WIN2K - need to create a ticket to upgrade.
- MSL is installing a 42" panel enunciator. Barbara ordered it, Media Tech will install it.
- West staff & classroom - Media Tech is here working on it. They should be finished on Friday and have the enunciator in MSL done by Tuesday.
- Forms-to-mail - waiting for Suzy to fix (Facilities).
- NT2R - full, wants a restart - that requires changing the services to another cluster. Try to delete stuff.
- AP Uploads failed - Winston is not here.
Software Projects Status
- Mary Byrd (CNS) called - was inquiring about speed requirements for East.
- West high-end computing - waiting to hear from Brent (Xerox). We have a standing meeting on Wednesday with Xerox. The Libraries will pay to upgrade their equipment.
- Video server for West - can't make it work. PPD point person said the server has to be physically located in West. It has to be on the same VLAN. The set-up was originally planned back when Steve Shorb was the Director.
- Grant tracking - complete.
- Training database 'ITS' (Instructional Training Statistics) - in process.
- ERES - demo'd to Public Services - they've added five more requirements.
- Personnel database - Winston is working on it.
- UFDC - Ying was documenting it.
Students and Department
- Blogging server project - Jason called about needing the KVM switch.
- Metalib - September 7 & 8 - meeting with Ex Libris people at FCLA.
Systems Security Management
- Students are out on break this week.
- Meeting held.