Systems Staff Meeting Notes
July 25, 2006
July 25, 2006
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Amy Polk, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 7/18/06
- Systems has moved!
- Room 1 - make sure the door is closed if you are the last one to leave the area. Visitors will not be required to sign-in while we are occupying this area. Once the construction begins at the old Systems site, we will need to let the crew supervisor know every time we need to enter the area. Abatement is scheduled to start August 1st. Will is going to get the supervisor's cell phone number.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Nets #1 - Exchange server backup - better, except individual mailboxes are failing. Need Veritas to finish up.
- Start date for the West classroom - August 11 - hope to have it done by the start of fall classes on Aug 23.
- No date set yet for the opening of West. Word is still that we will be given three-day notification.
- Town Meeting this Thursday, July 27, MSL107 1:30-3:00PM. Staff re-structuring and equitable salaries to be discussed.
- Order deliveries to be directed to Room 1.
- Meeting next Thursday - please advise Will as to any topics that should be discussed.
Software Projects Status
- Linux agent installation - Geoffrey to update - will use as backup for Greenstone.
- High-end computers - Amy has one set up, awaiting approval.
- West video server - 54 subnet needs access to VLAN.
- DLC server is set up. Will to talk to Erich.
Systems Security Management
- Stephen is working on new technology research.
- Meeting held.