Systems Staff Meeting Notes
June 26, 2006
June 26, 2006
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Suzy Covey, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Mark SullivanAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 6/19/06
- Library Council Retreat is scheduled for Monday, July 17. Will is going to be gone all day. Systems Staff Meeting will be rescheduled for: Tuesday, July 18 2-2:30PM.
- Ying is leaving Systems at the end of July/beginning of August. Her husband took a job at the University of Georgia.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- RIR #3 - server installs not yet complete.
- Orders are still officially dead. Anything essential will come from slush fund.
- Media Tech to come in tomorrow to verify that we have received all of the equipment and that it is ready to install. Once that has been established, they will schedule a set-up date.
- Public Service liaisons configuring West workstations - they are currently in the process and are about halfway finished.
Software Projects Status
- Networking/Hardware issues - most on the list are the same.
Systems Security Management
- Quality Control - same.
- Grant Tracking database - preliminary date is in.
- ILLIAD/accounting interface - ILLIAD in the box shipped out today. Data transfer is done overnight by UPS. Need to leave the server up for at least a week. It is running SQL 2000. Stephen is working to move it from NT4 to NT18, which is running SQL server. UFDC is running there, don't have to change it.
- ERES - Chris is working on the last page.
- Received two requests - from HR & HSSS. HR - to track training courses, attendees, statistics, etc. HSSS - tenure on Library Stats - want to see how many courses their staff teaches. May do as one database with different views. May use for liaisons, also. In the process of writing the requirements now.
- Mark is going to the Dominican Republic next week.
- Meeting held.