Systems Staff Meeting Notes
June 26, 2006
June 26, 2006
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Stephen will be driving 17 hours to Ohio next week to visit his grandmother. Will suggests visiting the USAF museum if he has the time.
- Systems temporary move - August 1st - everything must be moved. Stuff you want to keep: box, label and store it somewhere.
- Orders - dead for now - will resume in mid-July.
- The laptops for the West classroom will be reordered at that time.
- Keyboard, mouse and video server for DLC as well as the security server for Facilities - Will to get it all done this weekend.
- West table top brackets - there are more brackets than computers - the furniture company installed them all.
- West public workstations to be configured starting tomorrow. Geoffrey will instruct.
- Staff machine taken from public issue - will probably be retained as staff, after all.
Software Projects Status
- Still looking into the Greenstone backup issue.
- Forum server (BBS) needs an update.
Systems Security Management
- Grant tracking - Stephen presented Phase One - they liked it and already have additions.
- ILLIAD move? Winston has not heard back, but he proposed next Monday, 6/26 for the move.
- Greenstone - Mark is just getting back from Haiti. He trained people on loading - everything went well.
- Winston is working on some end-of-the-year stuff for Accounting.
- Meeting held.