Systems Staff Meeting Notes
May 15, 2006
May 15, 2006
Present: Will Chaney, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 05/01/06
- Bobbie went out ocean fishing this weekend. Carlton caught quite a lot. General discussion of fish ensues.
- PeopleSoft - May 3rd production incident - Stephen attended the meeting where they explained what happened. A piece of hardware on the backend of the SAN failed due to a chatty piece of hardware they had just added.
- Posting appointments/vacation requests to the Systems calendar - put the outage on your calendar and invite Will or Winston (whichever one is your supervisor). They will either accept or decline, as necessary.
- Will passed out an updated move list for West.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Ann #1 - Stephen's new bowling ball - it is a fingertip grip. He's still getting used to it.
- Orders - lots of equipment has been received.
- Geoffrey is working on setting up the West public laptops.
Software Projects Status
- Will try to get servers in rack 1 and UPS in rack 3 - maybe this weekend.
- Greenstone backup - BackupExec will work - need to look into the installation.
- ImageBuilder - problems: image is ready to install - is built in Dell ImageBuilder - IB Prep tools - works with Ghost Images. Four different cabs downloaded - 3 more to go. Requires drivers. Images are for public and staff. Geoffrey is not done testing laptop images yet.
- AD - we're still not on the list.
- Quality control - still need to discuss it with Bill Covey.
- Grant tracking database - final touches being done by Stephen. Will meet to sign off on it this week.
- ILLIAD/Accounting - nothing.
- ERES - it's ALIVE! Resurrected after cancellation. Lori and Michelle want it to be something like Storage Request. Will present it to them this afternoon.
- Greenstone - Ying will be on vacation for quite awhile
- Docutek is gone, advised to retain the server for a little while. NT17.
Systems Security Management
- Students will all be here for the summer.
- Meeting held.