Systems Staff Meeting Notes
April 24, 2006
April 24, 2006
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Ying Tang, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 4/17/06
- Bobbie went fishing off of Horseshoe Beach over the weekend. They caught a lot of fish. Twenty sea trout.
- Winston - Managing WIN2K3 Servers training at New Horizons went well last week. The automatic test had some errors, though. Winston liked the 'go-at-your-own-pace' format. Will is the next person scheduled to attend.
- Winston will be out on vacation April 26-May 5. He is going to Germany and Italy.
- Carpet replacement set for August 1. Systems will probably move to HSSS room 1 for the abatement/installation.
- Campus AD meeting - Winston attended it on Friday. We are not on their radar for Fall 06.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- RIR - #3 - UPS battery was replaced.
Software Projects Status
- A bunch of equipment has been ordered for West. It's about 80% ordered.
- Waiting on Dell quotes for the classrooms.
- Omni View Video splitter for dual monitors - back ordered until May 5.
- Need to order four more CPUs and a server for the West security system as well as four workstations for the Digital microform reader.
- If there are anymore requests for hardware/software, now is the time to order.
Students and Department
- Grant tracking - Winston to review Stephen's work. Will be given a back-up project during Winston's time off.
- ILLIAD/Accounting - nothing going on.
- ERES - Winston will review - they want to test it during the summer.
- Greenstone-Ephemeral Cities - ongoing. The Institutional Repository is also a part of it. No solution to the back-up yet. Some info on the development server could be used as the back-up. Samba running could possibly grab the development. Will set up Backup Exec to back it up. Production pretty much runs 24-7. Sunday back-up would be best.
Systems Security Management
- All three of our students will be returning for the summer.
- Meeting held.