Skip to Search
|Library Catalog | Databases | Site Map | Search|
|Systems Department Who We Are Meeting Mins Liaisons Equip Checkout Report Probs FAQs Phone Ext|
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Appraisals are due at the end of next week. Will hopes to get to his by the end of this week or the beginning of next.
- The overall consensus on the carpeting/abatement in Systems is: yes, let's do it while we have the chance. The discussion at the Support Services meeting was to temporarily move us during the process.
- Mark Hoit will attend the LC meeting this Friday to discuss IT reorganization with the Directors.
- Drive failure on the Web server - Geoffrey installed a new one, but the same problem still exists. It failed. Apparently it is the slot. We need a new RAID back plane. They don't make them anymore for this model. We may be looking to get a new Web server. If CNS takes over, maybe they could replace it.
- High-end machines for West - will try to push the order through this week.
- Public machines - upgrading to Deep Freeze 5.7 - most have been done. LAC is scheduled for tomorrow and Journalism on Wednesday.
- Maps and Gov Docs are now on one consul located in Documents. It is taking updates and reporting the status while frozen.
Software Projects Status
- SUS server - about 75 workstations are not responding. Uploads are ready to install, but the machines are not being rebooted. We could push restarts or ask liaisons to do them.
- We had a failure on the Patron Updates last night. Bridges' table did not download. It has been rescheduled for tomorrow.
- Everything else is about the same as last week.
Students and Department
- MetaLib testing is ongoing.
- Tom will be out the rest of the week. He is going to Washington, DC for a Computers & Libraries conference.
- Students are back from Spring Break. Please remember to use PAULA.