Systems Staff Meeting Notes
March 6, 2006
March 6, 2006
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Mark Sullivan, Ying Tang, Stephen WilliamsAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 02/27/06
- Oscar chatter.
- Bill Covey - guest speaker on the new Appraisal System: attendance is mandatory at one of the Evaluation/Appraisal workshops as given by either Brian Keith (Lib HR) or UF HR. Faculty and Directors are even required to attend. Basic thrust: we're going to play it straight for one year and follow the University's parameters. Currently, UF has 86% of employees in the 'exceeds' category. The new system is an attempt to elicit more honest evaluations. Many people will no longer end up in the top - and a whole bunch will end up in the middle. The responsibility to conform is on the managers. Don't blame them.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Software #2 - 'staff' side, not store side.
- Met last week.
- Permissions to add/remove in AD - set up, but not ready. Right now, for multiple machines, its admin only.
Software Projects Status
- NT2R - fixed. The cluster node that manages the name NT2R thinks there is a duplicate on the network. Will changed the name and it came back online, then it later failed. He created a new virtual server as NT2R and after tonight will reassign the IP address.
- Public workstations - slowly getting them configured. Bobbie was basically spearheading that and she is out for the next month. We have eight more to get to HSSS. As far as we know, they want the same set up.
- Dual monitor request is in the works. West high-end list is forthcoming.
- Trudi's staff training area - she has received quotes.
Systems Security Management
- ILLIAD - status quo.
- ERES - same.
- Greenstone - JPEG 2000 server - load editing not successful - rep from Aware software is coming this week to assist. There is not much explanation in their documentation.
- Grant Tracking request tool - working on it. Cathy and Kelley Cunningham are trying to encourage Library faculty to apply for grants - big push.
- Mark Sullivan will be making his DLC Metadata presentation in MSL 107 March 20 1-2:30PM.
- Meeting held.