Skip to Search
|Library Catalog | Databases | Site Map | Search|
|Systems Department Who We Are Meeting Mins Liaisons Equip Checkout Report Probs FAQs Phone Ext|
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Mark Sullivan, Ying TangAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 02/13/06
- Today is President's Day.
- Starbucks plan for West is back in motion. 24 hour wireless access for 500 square feet.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Liaisons #2 - Policy changes - cured liaisons from not being able to rename/remove machines from the domain.
- Dell tried to deliver 52 boxes to us today - shipment refused - was not equipment we ordered or needed replaced. The PO on the order was tied in with the original, troublesome order of 170 workstations from December.
- Public machines - liaisons are to update, maintain and do new setups. L107 classroom machines are still running TREND and have not been updated.
- Rebuilds - Will says that Geoffrey will have to spend some time training liaisons.
- Confusion over the location of PWSIDs in Network Neighborhood. 'P' is listed first - have to scroll to see regular WSIDs.
- Windows Vista has a hibernate mode which can be broken remotely.
Software Projects Status
- NT13 - Maps server - DLC was unable to access the server during a presentation. Now the Provost has decided to provide money to purchase a new server. Trial version of Disk Keeper is now installed on NT13. Joe Aufmuth provided documentation on successful GIS servers. It calls for separating the SQL/Web servers.
- Net Agent server - NT11 - is no longer going to be used. As soon as they are done capturing data, it will be rebuilt and we can use it for something else.
- West - waiting to hear on the Digital Worlds decision - 26 machines are slated for high-end configuration. Staff Training room - Trudi has quotes.
- AD - campus reorg - plans in place March '06, jump-in March '07.
- Winston went to the ITAC meeting last week - briefly broached the AD subject. Lots of Vista talk: non-patron sign-ons and security. GatorLink sign-ons to expand to 16 characters. Federated IDs are in the works.
- ILLIAD/Accounting - weekly meetings seem to have fallen by the wayside. Emails remain unanswered. Status unknown.
- DLC Loader/Pre-Loader - done.
- UFDC Customization Manager - done.
- Ephemeral Cities - grant runs out at the end of March.
- ERES - Chris is working on it. Angela Mott will be out on maternity leave soon and is asking for something more automated. Meeting Wednesday to get the specs.
- New programmer - Stephen Williams - to start on Friday.
- MetaLib - ready to hand-off to the public librarians for testing.
- Meeting held.