Skip to Search
|Library Catalog | Databases | Site Map | Search|
|Systems Department Who We Are Meeting Mins Liaisons Equip Checkout Report Probs FAQs Phone Ext|
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Mark Sullivan, Ying TangAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- It's cold! 20 degrees in High Springs. Winston had to scrape the frost off his car windshield this morning.
- Bobbie has a rat in her garage. Carlton shot it.
- IT reorganization - we received the word last Thursday. Campus to centralize all IT under one CIO. They will be offering re-training, so if you are willing to adapt, you will still have a job.
- WebCT/Vista - we were contacted by the WebCT folks last Friday. The fix to get WebCT working with our public machines is to import a couple of certificates and to use an older version of Java. The Public Services liaisons are working on this.
- They are also renaming the public machines to PWSID to accommodate policy changes. This way we can differentiate between public and staff machines.
- BBS is back up. Geoffrey has posted information about the WebCT issue online.
Software Projects Status
- Backup Exec - new version install is being researched - will install it on the backup machine in MSL - NT 16. It works better as back-up-to-disk instead of back-up-to-tape.
- West computers - high-end configuration machines have not been ordered yet. The Directors attended the Digital World presentation. Seems to be a matter of budget as to whether we will get the 3-D software.
- West Staff Training Room is Trudi's project - one that is supposed to be "something we can be proud of". Dell provided specs for their Intelligent Design classroom - but no price has been given. May hear more on this soon.
- Pending projects - Campus AD - effect of campus centralization unknown.
- Development Web server - streaming video and audio file feeds - upgrading gigabit feed - CNS wants to wait until everyone goes back to West.
- NT4 - so old - new SQL? Will is getting a quote for NT2R, so will try to at least get the specs for NT4.
Systems Security Management
- ILLIAD/Accounting - laptop set up for Michelle - remote desktop. VPN would not work.
- Access Services Request - completed.
- Chris is working on Special Collections - East Florida Papers project: Excel spreadsheets categorizing old card catalogues. They just sent him a big batch of records for data transfer.
- DLC Loader/Per-Loader - adding one other feature - METS update - so an item can be updated for changes only.
- Customization Manager for UFDC - done. Erich to review.
- New programmer has been hired: Stephen Williams. Start date: February 24.
- Meeting held.