Skip to Search
|Library Catalog | Databases | Site Map | Search|
|Systems Department Who We Are Meeting Mins Liaisons Equip Checkout Report Probs FAQs Phone Ext|
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying TangAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 1/30/06
- Cynthia has a new kitten.
- The Steelers won the SuperBowl.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Web Projects - #2 - Metalib search button will be added to the Homepage.
- We seemed to have survived the Kama Sutra virus without incident.
Software Projects Status
- Public computers - we need to configure the new machines. We are slowly working on them.
- RefExpress on NT11 - it has been having trouble for the past six months. Will has been trying different options to make it work. Right now we're down to starting/stopping the service. We will not be purchasing an upgrade. Will is considering restoring it to a 2003 server to see if it works any better.
- Docutek - ongoing problem - some folks having difficulty logging on with private IPs. Rich is working on it. FCLA is also having this problem.
- Library West - HSSS working on the list of equipment. Directors went to a presentation by Digital World. Waiting to see if we can afford the software and licensing.
- Second part of Access Services Request is finished. Angela Mott reviewed it this morning. She has one cosmetic change and will demo it to her team tomorrow.
- Ying is working on a feature for the UFDC Customization Manager. When that is finished, she will be working on the DLC Pre-Loader and DLC Loader.
- Winston has been working on Greenstone.
- Programmer position - 4-5 interviews, 2 good candidates.
- SysRequest - Tom notes that he needs Martha to be listed as his Approver.
- Meeting held.