Skip to Search
|Library Catalog | Databases | Site Map | Search|
|Systems Department Who We Are Meeting Mins Liaisons Equip Checkout Report Probs FAQs Phone Ext|
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying TangAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Update
- Public Computer configuration is done, per Geoffrey. What about HSSS? They didn't want theirs done.
- The new public set-up disk is ready for testing.
- Changes to the Liaison program are on hold. There is a new committee forming to decide how to deal with the IT situation here in the Libraries.
Software Projects Status
- Greenstone - in software area - no progress.
- BBS is done! Need to adapt the format to conform to the Smathers Library Web standard. Will also need to put a link for it on the staff page. Geoffrey is maintaining the physical hardware and software. User administration will be handled as before.
- Proxy server - Still need it while Gateways are in use - once they are all gone then we can get rid of it. HSSS Gateway replacements - tech to install.
- Upcoming - West computers - 110 new for public. Will the old public Dells go to West as well? Yes.
- Project - Digital Worlds Institute - high end workstations. Will have Adobe Suite and possibly 3D Imaging software for the Media Center.
- Meeting tomorrow 11AM-2PM with Dell and Digital World to discuss the intelligent classrooms in West.
- ILL/acct interface - no progress, same.
- Access Service Request - Chris is working on the second part.
- DLC Pre-Loader - 95% done.
- Customization Manager - first phase completed.
- Programmer position - 5 calls made, 4 were answering machines. One interview scheduled for tomorrow.
Systems Security Management
- Metalib - private network IPs are not working with Metalib (a cross-search engine) - it is an FCLA thing. Tom needs a list of IP addressees - just workstation IPs.
- Tom is adding on to the homepage - new Metalib and Search buttons now appear. Patrons can instantly search for art in Metalib and books in the catalog.
- Meeting held.