Skip to Search
|Library Catalog | Databases | Site Map | Search|
|Systems Department Who We Are Meeting Mins Liaisons Equip Checkout Report Probs FAQs Phone Ext|
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Mark Sullivan, Ying TangAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Everyone survived the holidays.
- New performance evaluations - annual review changes: applies to all TEAMS and USPS employees. It will cover March 1, 2005 - Feb. 28, 2006. There are dive criteria and five ratings. They are trying to make it better to rank high performers - could eventually lead to merit raises. Training sessions are being held - attendance is mandatory for USPS & TEAMS.
- Town Meeting - Thursday, Jan. 26 1:30-3PM MSL conference room: "The Earth is Flat".
- Orders going out per usual.
- No room to store equipment. 110 machines waiting for West opening.
- Public computer configuration: per Geoffrey, is 99.9% done. Remaining machines have hardware issues.
- 30 old public machines (Gateways) to be replaced with the latest shipment of Dells.
- Staff replacements are ongoing.
Software Projects Status
- Anti-Virus issues - 99.9% done. Marvin has a few left to push. Usually it's just in need of firewall disabling, and then pushing McAfee.
- Greenstone production - progress installing the software. Can connect to the Internet. Software is about 50% installed.
- SUS server has been converted to WSUS. It is now working. Patch pusher.
- BBS - status: Geoffrey is working on it. Name needs to be registered on campus. Should be able to use the old name and IP address. Suzy will give the info to Geoffrey.
- West - high tech equipment to be ordered. Meeting at noon Friday with Digital Worlds to check out the 3D software they are running. Next Tuesday there is a meeting with Dell to check out their intelligent classrooms. There is also a tour of the space in West on that day. Laptops will be purchased to have as checkout items for students.
- AD conversion - still tentative for fall. If they go with the single log-on for workstations, that could cause problems for us.
- ILLIAD/Accounting interface - the mechanism for ILLIAD billing to get to Accounting is on an old system. There is a lot for Michelle Foss to do to get a new one going. For now, Barbara is satisfied that the bills are getting paid.
- OCRA - Online Course Review Application - Angela Mott has reviewed it and is happy.
- DLC Loader/Pre-loader - it is functioning. Ying wrote both programs. The current phase is finished, but updates are yet to come. Will meet with FCLA on Friday concerning METS requirements.
- UFDC Customization Manager - Ying has the basic requirement version 1.0. She is doing a bonus item for them now. There is a biweekly meeting with Erich tomorrow. This is ongoing.
- Mark is trying to get back to Ephemeral Cities. Recently, he has been helping Ying a lot. The Ephemeral Cities grant will be up in March.
- New programmer position closed last week. Winston now has the new list of candidates.
Students and Department
- The big thing this week is: out-of-date Web pages. Tom has had to identify which pages are not current. The Systems page is OK.
- Tom dumped all of the policies and procedures.
- There are four areas that have not yet converted their pages to the Library template. They have been notified to comply.
Systems Security Management
- All three students have returned for the spring semester.
- Meeting held.