Skip to Search

 
diagonal spacer

Systems Staff Meeting Notes
January 23, 2006

Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Mark Sullivan, Ying Tang
Announcements
  1. Everyone survived the holidays.
  2. New performance evaluations - annual review changes: applies to all TEAMS and USPS employees. It will cover March 1, 2005 - Feb. 28, 2006. There are dive criteria and five ratings. They are trying to make it better to rank high performers - could eventually lead to merit raises. Training sessions are being held - attendance is mandatory for USPS & TEAMS.
  3. Town Meeting - Thursday, Jan. 26 1:30-3PM MSL conference room: "The Earth is Flat".
Ongoing Systems Updates
Equipment Received/Installed/Repaired
  1. Orders going out per usual.
  2. No room to store equipment. 110 machines waiting for West opening.
Liaisons
  1. Public computer configuration: per Geoffrey, is 99.9% done. Remaining machines have hardware issues.
  2. 30 old public machines (Gateways) to be replaced with the latest shipment of Dells.
  3. Staff replacements are ongoing.
Networking
  1. Anti-Virus issues - 99.9% done. Marvin has a few left to push. Usually it's just in need of firewall disabling, and then pushing McAfee.
  2. Greenstone production - progress installing the software. Can connect to the Internet. Software is about 50% installed.
  3. SUS server has been converted to WSUS. It is now working. Patch pusher.
  4. BBS - status: Geoffrey is working on it. Name needs to be registered on campus. Should be able to use the old name and IP address. Suzy will give the info to Geoffrey.
  5. West - high tech equipment to be ordered. Meeting at noon Friday with Digital Worlds to check out the 3D software they are running. Next Tuesday there is a meeting with Dell to check out their intelligent classrooms. There is also a tour of the space in West on that day. Laptops will be purchased to have as checkout items for students.
  6. AD conversion - still tentative for fall. If they go with the single log-on for workstations, that could cause problems for us.
Software Projects Status
  1. ILLIAD/Accounting interface - the mechanism for ILLIAD billing to get to Accounting is on an old system. There is a lot for Michelle Foss to do to get a new one going. For now, Barbara is satisfied that the bills are getting paid.
  2. OCRA - Online Course Review Application - Angela Mott has reviewed it and is happy.
  3. DLC Loader/Pre-loader - it is functioning. Ying wrote both programs. The current phase is finished, but updates are yet to come. Will meet with FCLA on Friday concerning METS requirements.
  4. UFDC Customization Manager - Ying has the basic requirement version 1.0. She is doing a bonus item for them now. There is a biweekly meeting with Erich tomorrow. This is ongoing.
  5. Mark is trying to get back to Ephemeral Cities. Recently, he has been helping Ying a lot. The Ephemeral Cities grant will be up in March.
  6. New programmer position closed last week. Winston now has the new list of candidates.
Web Projects
  1. The big thing this week is: out-of-date Web pages. Tom has had to identify which pages are not current. The Systems page is OK.
  2. Tom dumped all of the policies and procedures.
  3. There are four areas that have not yet converted their pages to the Library template. They have been notified to comply.
Students and Department
  1. All three students have returned for the spring semester.
Systems Security Management
  1. Meeting held.

 

University of Florida Home Page