Skip to Search
|Library Catalog | Databases | Site Map | Search|
|Systems Department Who We Are Meeting Mins Liaisons Equip Checkout Report Probs FAQs Phone Ext|
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying TangAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 12/5/05
- Geoffrey worked overtime on Saturday.
- Bobbie and Ying went to see Cinderella.
- Cynthia baked/cooked a lot.
- Staff Holiday party - tomorrow night. Potluck Dec. 15.
- Support Services Meeting - budget discussions, domestic partner benefits to start in February, overtime pay for employees on call.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Nets #1 - Joe is now finished rebuilding NT13.
- 170 workstations with flat panel monitors have been ordered. 140 are for West (30 are for HSSS to replace public Gateways). 30 are for staff replacement.
Software Projects Status
- Public computer reconfiguration - 9 machines in MSL done. 13 more are left. They should be done by tomorrow afternoon. Have had some hard drive failures and merged registries.
- Anti-virus - people are reporting that they are getting attachments with viruses. So far, Will has not found this to be the case. They have all been caught by McAfee. Will is still tinkering with it.
- Net Agent - McAfee was blocking outgoing mail.
- Flo Turcotte - Outlook pop-up problem - suggested that she uninstall/reinstall McAfee.
- Upgrading to WSUS - SUS will be out of upgrade commission in January.
- McAfee - getting closer, liaisons sent their lists and Will has been pushing to those workstations. Will is still working with Laurie Brennan.
- Greenstone - not yet touched.
- BBS - Geoffrey has, at least, found the server.
- West computers - 110 on order - who will set them up? Unsure if they are staff/public.
- SQL conference in Orlando last Thursday - kickoff for the new version of SQL. Looks like it will help to solve some of our problems.
- Patron Update problem this morning - end of semester - quick fix done - will test tomorrow.
- ILLIAD - meeting 3:30PM tomorrow with all the powers that be - software crew to be there only to advise.
- DLC - Loader/pre-loader - testing this week. Creating templates for project for Gus.
- Programmer position - candidate chosen, there was a problem - now we'll have to start again.
- Meeting conducted.