Systems Staff Meeting Notes
November 28, 2005
November 28, 2005
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Mark Sullivan, Ying TangAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 11/21/05
- Everyone had a good, long weekend.
- Bobbie's husband, Carlton, blew up their dressing.
- Bobbie initiated the "Under 40, Must Help with Dishes" rule with her family this Thanksgiving.
- 13 December Staff Holiday Reception 7PM Keene Faculty Center.
- 15 December Staff Holiday Potluck 11:30AM-1:30PM.
- Cynthia notes that the new Enya CD has been released.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Nets #1 - Backup Exec configured for WINDOWS 2003.
- Most orders are now going out as they come in, unless they are difficult and require research.
- There is a new entry in SysRequest for a new projector for the Library East conference room that will be mounted to the ceiling - so no one would need to wheel the cart down to there anymore. This request is on hold, awaiting Director approval. The East conference room may not be the main conference room once West is reopened.
- Meeting this week. If you have any issues to discuss, please notify Will.
Software Projects Status
- With the AD change, the DHCP Client needs to be running. It should be enabled when building new machines. AD policy uses it for DNS.
- NT13 rebuilt - this afternoon will try to restore the E drive.
- Public machine reconfig - Bobbie got 15-16 machines done in MSL over the weekend. It was a slow process, ran into some bad hard drives and CDROM drives. 61 machines in MSL remain. The hardware techs will need to get together and figure out a plan for completion.
- McAfee anti-virus - as machines are restarted, it seems to be updating to McAfee and removing Trend. So far, Trend ate one machine. Just got a report of four machines that did not update with restarts. Will is going to try and push it to those workstations.
- Greenstone - status is the same, the Software folks are ready for production.
- BBS - now higher priority - needs to be completed by the end of the month.
- Meeting with Bill and Grace regarding ILL - agreed on December 1st switch date for ILLIAD program manager. We'll evaluate it for one month to see if it meets Grace & ILL's needs. It can't be tested unless it's turned on.
- Electronic Reserves - still working on the submission tool.
- Programmer position - have interviews scheduled today-Wednesday. Hope to have the position wrapped up by Christmas.
- Ying - requirements for UFDC customization manager - need Erich to sign off on it before it is official.
- Upcoming project - Digital Library of the Caribbean (dLOC).
- Last day of fall semester classes for the student is next Wednesday, December 7. December 8-9 are reading days. Finals exams: December 10-16. Students will be out December 17-January 6.