Systems Staff Meeting Notes
November 21, 2005
November 21, 2005
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Ying TangAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 11/14/05
- Town Meeting last week - highlighting staff achievements. At the next such type of meeting, the public workstation conversion may be of topic.
- Directors approved overtime for Systems to go ahead and finish the public workstation conversions. Method will be discussed. 73 machines left.
- Christmas Luncheon - 12/06/05 Tuesday. Good food catered: lasagna and chicken, plus dessert. Bring your own drinks.
- Carlton and Bobbie won the dance contest at Carlton's 40th high school reunion. They danced the jitterbug.
- Cynthia's movie review: Harry Potter was good.
- "Cinderella" will be at the Performance Art Center on December 10th - 2:00 & 8:00PM.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- RIR #2 - should be Pat Grace with Dell was getting the server quotes.
Software Projects Status
- Backup Exec almost 100% configured for 2003.
- Anti-virus - accidental push of McAfee - server report showed it failed. It was causing a problem with ILLIAD - set to block port 25 which prevented ILLIAD from sending email. Will made a policy change, so it should be fixed.
- Greenstone, BBS - waiting on Geoffrey.
- West computers - no news.
- Ying's machine got eaten by McAfee - did a system restore - all good, except it's still generating one error.
- NT13 - Maps GIS server - reports of patrons unable to access it. Joe Aufmuth is working on it. He installed a new version of TomCat, which basically delivers the maps. Will can't find anything obvious to fix it.
- Winston is still investigating ways for ILL to bill Accounting.
- ISO issues - all resolved. Still needing restarts a lot, however. Instance of SQL server port changes - unknown as to why. Need to try and make it always come up on the same port.
- Electronic Reserves - really close to finished on the submission tool. Still need to work on the staff tool (not yet clearly defined).
- Ying is still working on the DLC Loader - but, it is pretty much done now.
- Ying is now working on UFDC customization manager - a tool to cause collections to be built. Requirements are being worked on. Need to have the DLC Loader signed off before starting new project.
- Meeting held.