Systems Staff Meeting Notes
October 3, 2005
October 3, 2005
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Mark Sullivan, Ying TangAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Benefits Workshop - presented by Brian Keith: Tuesday, Oct 4 (2-3pm) and Thursday, Oct 6 (10-11am). MSL Conference Room L107. There is also the UF HR workshop Oct 18 & 19 at the Reitz Union.
- Compromised machine in MSL - Laurie Brennan noticed it was from 2002 and asked if we'd be replacing it any time soon. There is no forecast to order new machines any time soon.
- Public computer config - no word.
Software Projects Status
- AD migration - Web server has not been touched yet. Need to get a statement of work from Dell - they recommend another Del person to handle it. Waiting on bid request. We can't go native AD until the Web server is converted.
- AD migration - Exchange server - lots of users have been moved. There are about 35-40 that refuse to budge. They are all old users. Leon from Dell is working with a utility that will take the old user account, create a .pst file, delete the old account - then create a new one, restoring the .pst file to it.
- Webmail - https://webmail.uflib.ufl.edu. May query for domain name. Secured.
- Winston has moved the Trouble Tickets and SysRequest to the new address.
- Greenstone production server - same.
- BBS - same status - Geoffrey is back from Linux training - he can get it running now.
Systems Security Management
- New version of SQL - kickoff is Nov 8 in Orlando - the software staff will attend the festivities.
- Last week we were waiting on access to a file from Bridges. It turned out to be a very big file. Updates did not run this morning. Address info not updated yet. The file is so large that we'll have to run it during off hours.
- Greenstone - UFDC -Mark and Ying to demo tomorrow at the TSSC meeting.
- New programmer position - Winston called a few of the applicants. Will interview one of eight. May need to repost the position.
- Ephemeral Cities - grant deadline has been pushed back 6 months - that a good thing.
- ILL - Winston has been spending lots of time there lately. Michelle Foss is trying to take care of a lot of things that have been on the back burner.
- Meeting held.