Systems Staff Meeting Notes
September 19, 2005
September 19, 2005
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying TangAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 9/12/05
- Cynthia still does not have her car!
- Gators are 3-0! Crowd at the game was 90,000+ - a new record.
- Bobbie made a good find this weekend: an aluminum ladder on the side of the road.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- RIR #2 -The print server was delivered to ALF, but it has not been set up yet.
- Public Computer Configuration - Marvin Crabb and Laurie Brennan are trying to put together instructions. They did a run through, but got confused. Status is that it is still being worked on.
Software Projects Status
- Another Web server outage on Sunday. Will came in and restarted it - it came back up without a hitch.
- AD migration - Leon Nix (Dell) has arrived - he is documenting our setup. The backup domain controller will be first - he'll either upgrade or remove from the domain and upgrade. We'll add the domain controllers to this subset. We should not need any in the remote areas. Web server to be moved to a new box - the Compaq server would not convert to NT4.0 so we'll use a Dell box instead. The Dell rep will look at it and figure out an upgrade. We'll bring the primary domain controller up to 2003, then add the 2003 servers. Exchange migration set tentatively for next Tuesday. Should be transparent to users. Either the liaisons or we will have to change the DNS on each machine.
- Greenstone/BBS - same.
- Patron Update Frequency - nothing new.
- Greenstone - still working on the loader. There are three parts. The first part is finished and working fine. They are now working on the second part.
- New programmer position should be closed.
- Chris finished the Web stats for Bill.
- Chris is working on a program for the Tech Service's ALEPH Implementation group. He has to get some information out of ALEPH and put it on the Web.
- ILLIAD to upgrade to 7.04 this afternoon. Install of the new Ariel software to follow later this week.
Student and Department Happenings
- Tom is conducting a class tomorrow on the Web page template. Next week he'll do a class on Contribute.
- Tom has been working on a new header for UFDC for the DLC.
- John Nemmers dropped off the UF Community Campaign pledge cards. They've been put in our individual mailboxes. If you don't want to return them directly to John, you can put them in Debra's mailbox and she will see that he gets them.