Systems Staff Meeting Notes
September 12, 2005
September 12, 2005
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Mark Sullivan, Ying TangAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Benefits Workshop - Sept 19, 9:30-10:30AM MSL L107. New options to healthcare will be discussed. Would be wise to read up on the changes prior to attending.
- The beach was great this weekend.
- Geoffrey's cat, Elliot, took off over the weekend. Not good.
- Cynthia still has no car!
- There are two boxes downstairs waiting to be opened.
- Geoffrey to go to ALF this afternoon to deliver their print server.
- Lots of interest in Liaison Training - nothing is scheduled as of now. Point them to the Systems Web page and Net G courses. The Public Workstation Instructions are now posted on our site. The Staff Instructions for Installing XP are also available.
Software Projects Status
- Web server - down this weekend. Will had a notification email from Rich sent at 5:47AM. Will restarted it - the buffer was overloaded. It is on the list to be moved. Will to move it to a new box, then the AD upgrade will be on the new box.
- Email went down about 6PM on Sunday - the anti-virus and scan mail were both catching viruses and putting them in folders, so there were two versions of everything. C: drive became full. It was a space problem, once the viruses were deleted, email came back up just fine.
- Sept 19 - start of AD migration.
- Greenstone production - waiting.
- West computers - configuration details unknown.
- Patron Update - there have been a few snags with the weekly updates. Parts of the patron categories are expiring weekly. This is being caused by the updates. They should not be expired. Winston is working with FCLA on this, but their programmer is out for a month. We will not run the weekly for the next month. There is also still a minor Bridges problem with the home addresses/work addresses. There is also one other problem with category grouping (staff, faculty, student) and which level of privileges should be assigned.
- Patron Loader - Geoffrey refining. Workflow: 3 distinct programs to run daily, then rebuild the collection once a week.
- New Programmer position has been posted, per Library HR. Should close this week.
- Chris is working on an overview of the hit count statistics on the Web server for Bill Covey.