Systems Staff Meeting Notes
August 15, 2005
August 15, 2005
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Mark Sullivan, Ying TangAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 8/8/05
- Bobbie's husband, Carlton, found an 1880 $5 coin while treasure hunting at the beach.
- Gas prices! Yikes!
- Support Services Meeting - now held every Monday at 10:30AM. Heightened security to remain for the time being. Other topics included: budget crunch and LAD move.
- Telephone Contact Procedures: after hours, contact Will at his cell number, first. If there is no answer, try his home number. The alternate contact is: Winston.
- ILLIAD server -IOS service was down, ILL contacted Atlas Tech Support. ILLIAD is on NT18. Winston was out - Will turned the service on.
- XP power settings - need reg keys set to all users. Number locks not holding. IOS overriding BIOS. Geoffrey to run batch file. AD may also help.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Nets #6 - typo: should be Trish's "area" not "are".
- Rev #1 - Xerox should have bought Compaq replacement drive that we purchased.
- The second order of GX270's we received all had bad capacitors and will need new motherboards.
- Paperwork - still lagging.
- LAC - admin password? Same as HSSS. They need to set one.
Software Projects Status
- Copy of the PO for AD migration will be faxed to Dell today. Hopefully we can schedule time soon.
- Ref Express - Will was invited to a conference call about upgrading - but now there is no money for the upgrade.
- Automated Patron Updates - all written - Chris is testing.
- Greenstone is moving ahead. Will go pseudo-live within the next couple of weeks.
- Greenstone production server - will definitely be in need of it in the next few weeks.
- Ephemeral Cities is waiting on Greenstone.
- New Programmer position - should be posted - HR received the paperwork.
Student and Department Happenings
- Things are the same.
- UFDC=Digital Collection
- UFIR=Institutional Repository
- All students will be returning in the fall.
- Grace & Vera are working this week.