Systems Staff Meeting Notes
July 18, 2005
July 18, 2005
Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying TangAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Cynthia is halfway through the new Harry Potter book.
- No Division Heads meeting today - Bill is out until tomorrow.
- UF Staff Survey results: predictable, especially the PeopleSoft section.
- Mark Sullivan is demonstrating a project right now, which is why he is unable to attend this meeting. The NT25 .Net server is working for him.
- Ariel software is on order.
- Received the last order of 22 Dells - turned out to be the "lost" order. We notified Dell to cancel the new order of 22 Dells that were in production as replacements for the "lost" order.
Software Projects Status
- No Greenstone installation - hope to get to it this week.
- Exchange server - the technician is here putting it together, installing the OS. Will can eventually work on moving users over.
- BBS - no OS installed yet.
- West - same.
- Web migration - same.
- Net Agent - meeting scheduled to discuss all currently open tickets and how to resolve some of the problems.
- AD - still have not heard from Dell.
- Patron Update - still working on it.
- We're stuck getting Greenstone 3 working.
- Linux - meeting held to discuss the method to distribute frequent updates. Winston, Bobbie and/or Geoffrey will be assigned the task.
Student and Department Happenings
- Web migration is down the road.
- Slowness has not been a problem as of late. The new version of SQL has helped a lot. The ILLIAD version we use was not compatible with the old SQL.
- All is well.