Systems Staff Meeting Notes
June 13, 2005
June 13, 2005
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Mark SullivanAnnouncements
Review Minutes of 6/6/05
- Tom found a place to live. His current apartment gave him an extra month - he needs to leave July 30. Unfortunately, his new apartment won't be available until August 9th.
- Cynthia has seen the new Star Wars movie three times.
- Boy, have we had a lot of rain.
- Raccoons have been stealing cat food out at Geoffrey's house.
- Giant frog stories.
- Division Heads Meeting - Wednesday - purchasing cut off.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- 3.6% pay increase? No further word.
- Orders - SQL 2000 (with licenses) received. Will go on the ILL box.
- 22 Dells should be in this week. This batch of old CPUs will be stored at ALF and used as replacements for ailing public machines.
- Servers (BBS & Greenstone) received - they are located in the inner vault. Greenstone has more pieces yet to come.
- Will need to make space in the server/tape room. Need to move servers in the middle shelf area over to the other side. May have a window to do this next week/weekend during the break between Summer A & B.
- Exchange server on order.
- One department has requested that their liaison be relieved of duty due to untrustworthiness.
Software Projects Status
- Fortunately, no outages to report.
- Will is working on Backup Exec
- NT2R2 - firewire card replaced.
- NT2R expansion - waiting on quotes.
- West CPU orders next year to be in the $400,00 range.
- Web server migration - on hold for AD. It is imperative that Mark have .net support for Sanborn, Ephemeral Cities, etc. Erich has a demo scheduled for September. Will notes that NT14 is basically a Web page - has IIS running everything - as does NT25. Will shall investigate the requirement. He'll meet with Mark later to discuss.
- EShare - no word.
- AD still on schedule for Fall '06. It's just a matter of testing and converting.
- Batch Importer - Cynthia & Chris are making mods on it - with Mark's help. It is a DLC tool to import Marc records.
- Patron Update Frequency - there are many issues with only doing it once per semester. Would like to do it weekly. Getting it all automated is a problem.
- DLC Tracking - Ying is closing out Phase Two, then she'll stop that effort for awhile and work with Mark on Greenstone.
- Mark did a presentation on Ephemeral Cities in Martinique. He will bring in the presentation for Systems next week.
Student and Department Happenings
- Web master email address to be changed on all Web pages due to incredible amounts of spam in the Web master mailbox.
- Next week (June 20-24) is the break week between Summer A & B.
- Working on a schedule for break week as well as Summer B.
- We're celebrating Winston's birthday!