Systems Staff Meeting Notes
January 10, 2005
January 10, 2005
Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey StewartAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Geoffrey took his BMR out for a ride this weekend. His gas lines were leaking. Need to replace.
- The beach was gorgeous this weekend.
- It was an overall beautiful weekend, weather-wise.
- Orders - 2 Panasonic Color printers (DLC) - 1 has shipped, the other is on back order.
- 20 Lacie HDs (DLC) - have been shipped.
- Supervisor obtained Liaison password then wanted to share it - was not a necessity. Passwords aren't for sharing: repeat, ad nauseum.
- Spyware - liaison was experiencing bizarre ALEPH problems. Turned out to be an AgroBot variance on the machine. Choice was to whack DLL's or rebuild. Rebuilding was the choice de jour.
Software Projects Status
- NT4 changeover - NT4.0 was installed on Friday. The upgrade is finishing as we speak. Will need to restart NT 4. Tomorrow morning is the agreed-upon time.
- SQL problems - Bobbie moved it to its own switch, but no improvement. No errors, but still slow. Will replace the NIC early tomorrow morning and see how it fares.
- NIC changed on the CD Tower - it's better.
- TILT server - beep free! Will fixed, it's up and running.
- Student/Patron, Employee/Patron Updates - ran last week. The Employee Update was done differently. The file it was pulling names and addresses from was not there. Notified Bridges, they fixed - it ran, looked OK. Then Rich noticed Carol Drum's email address was incorrect. 20% of the people in the file they gave us had missing email addresses. If the email was missing, it copied the email address listed above it. The field was not nulled-out in the programming. It was a big deal - we had to turn off any/all ALEPH mail all day on Thursday. It was a Bridges programming error. New files given - with blanks. Now things are recovered, but source of blanks is unknown. Will be sending PeopleSoft a second Student Update today.
- PeopleSoft permissions - Personnel is apparently no longer requesting any permissions. As of now, Systems will do it all.
- Jack Waters - sent 58 records, only 18 were received. FCLA responded - found where the records were failing. They are working on it.
- Position Description Database - ready for Bill's review.
Student and Department Happenings
- Bizarre thing with permissions in Resource Services - trying to sort it out.
- Students are all here.