Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying TangAnnouncements
- Lots of driving/traffic this weekend.
- Ying had duck instead of turkey. Ongoing Systems Updates
- All parts for the terabyte back-up server are in - located in the vault. Hope to get it working this week.
Software Projects Status
- CCC list - discussion about the fact that there will be no MS hot fix security support for NT4 after December. Eleven out of sixteen of our servers use NT. That's more than half of our operating systems. We need to upgrade.
- TILT server - functional, but scary. It is making odd peeping and chirping noises. It is probably the removable disk drive mount, which we will try to replace after the end of the fall semester.
- ALEPH printing - no change. No word from Lori regarding the modification of the workstations.
- Computers in Library West - Steve Shorb is having a meeting with CNS regarding VOIP. Unsure if the discussion is restricted to West only, or if it will include the possibility of VOIP in East. CNS has come up with an attractive proposition of $20 a month for the handset, data port, etc. The trade-off is the lack of redundancy: if the data lines are down, the phones will be down. This is something we need to think about. Fax? Not on VOIP; strictly analog. This brings to light additional charges.
- Personnel mods - done. Can be removed from the list.
- The rest of the software projects are ongoing.
- Permissions for ALEPH and PeopleSoft - sometimes they work, sometimes they don't.
Student and Department Happenings
- There have been requests from patrons for a link on the Library home page so they can manipulate their Library account. This topic is under discussion.
- Last day of classes is Wednesday, December 8. Finals will be Monday Dec. 13 - Friday Dec. 17.
- It appears that all three students are available to return in the spring. Need to have to have a word with them regarding performance standards before rehiring.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated December 6, 2004
by Debra Fetzer