Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying TangAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Suzy is out until Thursday. She is at a comic book conference in Wisconsin/Minnesota.
- Cynthia lost (then found) her 17 year-old cat this weekend.
- Famous Systems minutes strike again - Middle Manager Meeting minutes read by Journalism students - now they want to talk to use about our decision to use Firefox over IE. They think it's revolutionary.
- Football: UF won, Tampa Bay lost.
- There is a meeting Wednesday on campus of Microsoft representatives who will explain how the new campus agreement will work. Outlook, Entourage (Mac version) - three-year contract.
- Terrabyte drivers and cards - have now received.
- Incidents of liaisons caught in between supervisors when it comes down to computer permissions for new employees.
Software Projects Status
- TILT - in the final stages of repair. The problem left is an email one - it will only send internal emails.
- ALEPH printing - status is the same. It is working as designed. Access Services has requested changes to individual workstations. They have 30 workstations that they want modified so local reports are set up to email. There are a couple of ways to get this done.
- ALEPH/PeopleSoft permissions - Bill sent in a request for Martha's permissions - seem to have disappeared into a black hole. Upon investigation, Bill was informed that some requests go through automatically, but some select requests go through the workflow. Then it was suggested that he make a request for different permissions for Martha and Bill resubmitted. So, the permission requests can be immediate, but sometimes not. Conversation segues into analogies to Ghostbusters and Star Trek.
Student and Department Happenings
- Lori asked for a slight change to the way we load patrons. Email is attached to the address portion of the record. If no local address is listed, or if it is added later - the email address will not be pulled. Winston has been asked to re-write it so both local and permanent address pull email. Bill is questioning why Access Services isn't required to add the email address at the desk. Discussion: permanent official vs. business official addresses.
- December 15 picnic - let Bill know if you'll be in attendance.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated November 16, 2004
by Debra Fetzer