Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying TangAnnouncements
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Chris got married over the weekend.
- UF football won.
- Tampa Bay won. Major league football discussion.
- Lots of orders incoming - Contribute & Dreamweaver.
- Query from liaison - Is UF going to acquire Trend anti-virus on campus? Probably not, currently supporting McAfee.
Software Projects Status
- Outgoing DOS attack over the weekend. Cleared up toward Sunday evening.
- TILT server - out of Bill's hands - and into Winston's. Everything is working, with the exception of the quizzes.
- ALEPH printing - is set up and running. Sent instructions to Carol Turner on Friday - no word back. Will recommended separating the instructions - local option.
- AD - another glitch at IFAS extension service - they have 47 domain controllers, statewide link. We'll hold off - it will be very ambitious if they get it going.
- Permissions for ALEPH/PeopleSoft - responsibility has more or less shifted to Systems. Procedures should stay the same, where Library Personnel informs us of a new hire and we find out from the hiring supervisor what permissions are necessary. The long-term goal is to have the position descriptions in place that will inform us of permission requirements. First customer this morning was Martha (did not come through SYSHELP, but that will be the procedure). She needed three permissions - had to hunt them down in PeopleSoft.
- HN Net Check killed last week - Will needs another method to push patches. Havlik costs a bundle and is not consistent.
- DLC Tracker -ongoing - two parts are working. They want mods to make the code work better. This is a huge C-Sharp project that we are using to learn from.
- St Nick - done - user has not officially approved.
- Facilities -changes for Russ completed, working and Russ thinks it's great.
- Cynthia is working on changes for Employee Update.
- Winston, FCLA, ALEPH - AR transfer - fine notices for patrons are pulled from the local email address instead of the permanent one. They are asking that we template both addresses. Rich and Winston talk about overdue fines/recalls.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated November 16, 2004
by Debra Fetzer