Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Review Minutes of 10/18/04
- Zook is out.
- Geoffrey started his first quilt this weekend.
- Happy Birthday, Tom Minton!
Ongoing Systems Updates
- MS agreement amendment - will now include 26,000 copies for faculty & staff home use. Student use may come later.
- Orders - Contribute and Dreamweaver.
- TILT still broken.
- Grand slam record for theft - three laptops stolen. Had not been seen since July - obviously not in use for months.
- Education - new public workstations proceeding very slowly. They may need assistance getting them out - Carol's time is heavily taxed right now.
- No word on HSS public machines - they are trying to fill a position. For the moment, Leilani is the primary contact.
Software Projects Status
- West - trying to get the absolute number of ports and computers. Lots of discussion - potential 1700 ports in new the West.
- TILT - still broken.
- ALEPH printing - INI files were misconfigured. This is now fixed. Works as advertised. For the courtesy notices, they want a null printer set up so that those without email addresses will not print. This is the reverse of the original problem.
- AD - defacto deadline is the opening of the new building.
- Winston notices that FCLA has successfully transferred textbooks and fines. If it's working, we won't be doing it anymore.
- Patron updates - employee file generated by PeopleSoft. Need to figure out staff or faculty privileges.
- PeopleSoft privileges - issue is hopelessly problematic. No current list of roles. Bill has no permissions at all.
- Martha has requested to change the name of the Resource Servies department on SysRequest to reflect the new Cataloging and Metadata/Acquisitions and Licensing divisions. There is a conflict with PeopleSoft - they have five departments listed for Resource Services while we have two.
- Contribute classes this week.
- People keep calling about their web authoring software orders on SysRequest - they should be referred to their Departmental Chair to determine what software they are to use and whether they should attend the Contribute class.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated November 3, 2004
by Debra Fetzer