Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
- Tom is back; he survived Hurricane Francis. Jeanne hasn't made up her mind, Karl is not an issue and Tropical Storm 13 is forming out in the Atlantic.
- Ying will be in China this time next week. She'll be gone for three weeks!
- PeopleSoft has been double-billing P-Cards. Review Minutes of 9/13/04
Ongoing Systems Updates
- No one from Systems went to the TEAMS meeting. For info, contact Vernon Kisling.
- Fed Ex order for hard drives should arrive today. The TILT server has been down and was finally noticed by a faculty member.
- Everything has been retrieved from Computer Kingdom, except a power supply.
- Public workstations - security console - batch file for clearing not allowed to run. Bat.exe may be the answer, otherwise may have to allow command prompt.
Software Projects Status
- Low-level DOS attacks still occurring on campus.
- CISCO router upgrade in the works.
- ALEPH printing - Jennifer sent ini files to Ex-Libris. They made the mods; we made the changes. Two of seven are still attempting to email the other five. Basically, we're back where we started with this.
- DLC Tracker - preliminary design ongoing.
- St. Nick - still working on object-oriented version. Programmers are re-doing the entire project, substituting C-Sharp. Rita has the first version.
- Transfer of ALEPH data to PeopleSoft - Winston will be meeting with Bridges, Financial Affairs and FCLA people to discuss.
Student and Department Happenings
- Tom will demo Contribute to Library Council this week. He needs to load a copy onto the Video East laptop. Martha mentioned ordering 30 copies.
- Tom is trying to get people to get their old files off the server. Stuff that has nothing to do with the Web needs to go in their departmental folder.
- Dale does not like the fact that her email address appears on Library Web site. Tom is inquiring about the possibility of a searchable database for staff information. It is possible to make the info available only with an authenticated sign-on. Theoretically this could be done in PeopleSoft. We may have to change our email addresses in the future due to AD.
- Tom is still getting questions about statistics. The previous program we used is broke. Bill has been looking into AW Stats. It seems too tedious to run. Will keep investigating.
- Lisa Gaul announced this morning that she can no longer continue working. She has given her 2 weeks notice, in the meantime Debra will ask the other students if they have any leads on potential help.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated October 18, 2004
by Debra Fetzer