Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Review Minutes of 8/30/04
- Tom's apartment woes - roof trashed by Francis. He won't be back until Wednesday.
- Need to call Facilities about peeling paint on the south wall of the Systems conference room.
- Hurricane leave - annual leave will be authorized for repairs related to the hurricane. Annual leave can be advanced the same as holiday leave.
- Oct 29 - Halloween in Systems: the Oracle at Delphi and Beyond.
- AP Assembly - Wed Sept 14 3PM at the Reitz Union - TEAMS and Faculty will be addressed by Bernie Machen.
- Will was cleaning out his water conditioner this weekend and was surprised by a 4ft snake. Cynthia also had a snake encounter. She also has a lot of frogs. Bobbie has tons of squirrels, while Geoffrey's squirrel population has mysteriously disappeared.
- Winston went gator hunting with a friend that bagged a 9ft gator.
- Most city and campus services are up and running.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- SW #4 - Ying is working on Phase 1 requirements for (not from) Erich.
- Nets #6 - done.
- Orders- little stuff going out.
- Nothing major broken.
- Public workstation security revamp- word has not gone out yet that this is an open roll. People do not want to revamp and reinstall.
Software Projects Status
- Will has put together a services list by server. The list itemizes which services are on installed on each server. We'll keep a copy of the list in the server room, the vault and MSL.
- ALEPH printing - meeting rescheduled for tomorrow 9AM in Carol Turner's office.
- HootErp hoo-haw - two meetings regarding Resource Services' problems with ALEPH and ordering. Double entries in ALEPH and PeopleSoft are occurring. Specs were omitted. The revamp produced a chart last Friday, but a field was left out. Info can't be dragged out of ALEPH and put into PeopleSoft. FCLA will have to do it. Typos that enter a valid account number will be charged- there's no real checks and balances. Not an ideal situation.
- DLC Tracker- ongoing, Ying continues to work on it. Demo project software may be helpful if it is compatible with Visual Studio.
- Code review on St. Nicholas this AM. Ying helping with CSharp. Books have not yet been received.
Student and Department Happenings
- Main permission groups settled in Resource Services.
- Plodding along with templates.
- PeopleSoft time reporting/approving: floating entries, negative time, no way to delete a negative entry.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated September 20, 2004
by Debra Fetzer