Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Tom Minton, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Orders have been trickling in/out.
- 4TB drives for backups have been ordered. Smaller versions for DLC also on the way.
- Laptops on order - built tough - returned ones have been in really bad shape. It's worth the extra money if they can withstand the use.
- Batteries for UPS on order.
- Marvin just called, reporting a problem with the barcode scanner on the Ref desk.
Software Projects Status
- Shutdown/startup issues - freezing, occasional blue screening, drivers replaced. Some of these problems have been reported, but shouldn't be caused by the patch pusher, as no patches have been pushed lately.
- Metasys is down right now. Still on Win'98.
- Exchange attack - an update broke the anti-virus interface - had to turn off attachments. It is now scanning MAPI interface. Discovered that all kinds of attachments are being sent via email - need to work on internal file moving.
- ALEPH printing - Access Services at ALF - switched machines, now it's not printing correctly. The latest version is not printing the complete product as well as attempting to do email.
- Public Workstation Security - Marvin and Tom Caswell have been testing. The first step is to install the OS, which is not documented. They've requested that it be so. Geoffrey will revamp the documentation to include the steps for security, etc.
- The software unit is diligently working on Visual Studio C Sharp. Books are on order. The software is all loaded: class is in session with Ying at the helm.
- Cynthia - making changes to SysRequest.
- PO/Inventory - Russ wanted a change, it was too slow.
- Preservation - FilmLog request to add ALEPH ID.
- Patron Update - ran this morning. PeopleSoft provided the file. The occupational code will be going away.
- East Florida is finished. No final review yet from Jim Cusick. Requirements fulfilled.
- Geoffrey spotted the Library kiosk in action in front of Little Hall. Directions for locations on campus were being dispensed. Apparently it is difficult to push.
Students and Department Happenings
- Most top-level pages are done. Exceptions include: Business Services, Personnel, ILL. Tom is helping in these areas.
- Journalism page is structured according to the College of Journalism specs. This is still being hashed out.
- AFA hasn't convert yet, but will do so on their own.
- Tom had trouble installing Dreamweaver on Trudi's machine.
- Contribute - Tom will demo Thursday at Library Council.
- Fall lineup: Lisa Gaul (returning), Grace Miller (current) and Luiza Bretas (new).
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated August 30, 2004
by Debra Fetzer