Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Cynthia had a successful yard sale on Saturday - made $60.
- Newberry had a heck of a rainstorm Saturday night.
- Everyone had his or her check deposited last Friday.
- The first page of the Systems Web site has been converted to Library standards.
- Orders ongoing.
- The ERES fax was reported broken - turns out the patron had the wrong number (although it was an actual fax number).
- Distribution of last shipment - 10 emergency workstations and lots of printers left.
- Fishing schemes - Suntrust, Citibank - increase in spam trying to get your info - nothing we can do about it - don't follow the link.
- Assassin spam - a variation on the Nigerian scam - if you don't send them the $40,000, you will be killed.
- EBay redirect scam is making the rounds again as well.
- The current version of Bagel is more aggressive.
- The request for a pen-style barcode scanner for extra long barcodes - needed a for a project - the ordering freeze made the acquisition impossible - now that project has been finished - no need for the scanner.
Software Projects Status
- ALEPH printing - status quo. They are asking about email printing, but the templates are not ready.
- Public WS security revamp - Geoffrey is working on screen shots, Powerpoint, plus a simplified version for the Liaison portion of the Web site. Marvin watched everything Geoffrey did. Should be ready to roll by the end of the week. Executables work fine; batch file does not. Need to figure out how to secure - try another avenue or more vigilance.
- Facilities POS/Inventory - Almost ready to go - demo to Russ and Rob tomorrow. Have fixed most errors on reports - only one left to tackle.
- RS label printing - is done again. The latest feature was a bit overzealous.
- DLC - Zoning is done again. Last Friday they needed better alignment of the zoomed image.
- Ying is back to work on DLC Tracker.
- Contribution tracker stays on the docket.
Tape Conversion Project
- Debra is working on converting the Systems Web site to Library standard. This will be a slow process due to the tape conversion project taking priority. However, the first page of the site (at least) has been converted.
- 9-track tape copying is underway. 324 tapes total to be converted to cartridges.
- First batch seemed to copy without problem.
- After the second round of cartridge copies has been completed, we can physically dispose of the 9-track tapes. Until then, they will continue to reside in our tape library.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated August 2, 2004
by Debra Fetzer