Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Ying’s daughter’s picture was in the paper on Saturday.
- Stormy weather!
- PeopleSoft strangeness- 34-page printout sent out of people with payroll problems. The names were listed in UF ID order – no department listed. Had to scroll through the whole list as it was sent as a PDF file. Students are no longer to use Web clock. Instead, they should be using Weekly Punch. Our new student, Adriane, had to have her time approved downtown by PeopleSoft as she would not appear in the queue for Systems or Library Human Resources. We also had trouble getting the temporary hire in Business Services a GatorLink account.
- Orders have commenced – Purchasing Cards only, no PO’s.
- Hard drive for Director laptop is on order.
- Martha’s laptop is broken – will take it to Computer Kingdom for repair.
- John Ingram’s laptop is also out of commission. He needs to back it up, and then we can take it to Computer Kingdom.
- Dell Laptop #5 – back light is broken – Geoffrey needs to get info on the refurbish program. Will go through Donna Doty, if necessary.
Software Projects Status
- ALEPH printing – still held up at FCLA.
- Public workstation security – need W2K version – Winston’s previous adaptation works – Geoffrey to pound on it until it breaks.
- Massive MS installation of 7 patches – Will only got 6. None of them fix the major security hole. Everyone should check their Windows Update by tomorrow to make sure they have the patches updated. Restart first, to insure the patches that were pushed have been installed.
- We’re very close to being finished with Facilities.
- Resource Services label printing is done. Need to get an email from them confirming that fact.
- Cynthia is working on adding items to SysRequest.
- Public workstations – Winston is working on it.
- Tape copying – Winston is assisting Debra in identifying any 9-track tapes in our collection that do not have a cartridge copy. CNS has announced that they will no longer support 9-track reel tapes as of October 2004. We are currently determining what we can get rid of and what we need to make cartridge copies of. Not an easy task.
- Debra is attempting to convert the Systems Web page to the Library templates. This is now taking a back burner to the tape conversion project.
- Phone reception has improved.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated July 26, 2004
by Debra Fetzer