Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Bobbie Meng, Chris Nicolich, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Review Minutes of 6/14/04
- Traveling on holidays (even on Father’s Day) is no fun.
- Florida should be called the partly cloudy state, not the sunshine state.
- Cynthia has to bike to work while her car is out of commission. It is really hot and takes some effort. Debra agrees, noting that there is not much to be done about it – except putting your hair up and blasting the fan when you get to work.
- Cynthia had to go to Sonny’s BBQ three times this weekend. She hates Sonny’s.
- PeopleSoft – various amusements – some staff can see all of their info – some can’t. Some approvers can see their staff – some can’t. Just keep checking back. Everyone in Systems received the one cent deposit into their account.
- ALEPH searching – file was too full, has been emptied and is now fixed.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- No word from Halon people (Borrell) – just received paperwork that we need a new circuit board – which we are already aware of. Need to make a copy of the paperwork and send it to Facilities (Rob Roberts) – asking him about the status of this situation.
- Distribution of last shipment – no change.
- AFA laptop – Bobbie has been working on it – trying to get GatorLink dialup. DNS would not work. Decided it was corrupted – reinstalled, but same problem. DHCP services had been disabled. This is different from DHCP itself.
Software Projects Status
- ALEPH printing – some departments are, some are not. Recalls are going to hard copy correctly. Nothing is set up in email yet. Hang phoned this morning to reports that they are not printing. They changed their print ID and the ID is not loaded into ALEPH yet – which is why they are not printing. AFA sent emails to faculty and staff from Ex-Libris, with attachments. That is not a part of our set up. How that happened is unknown. All departments are set up for printing, except LAC – no response yet – Will sent an email to both Richard Phillips and Paul Losch. Email printing is next on the agenda.
- Winston is working on ALEPH Data Exchange and RS label printing. Martha would like him to work with other software folk on the label printing.
- Mods to POS Inventory – Cynthia will have the latest changes done today and preview them to Winston tomorrow.
- GIS Zoning – Ying reviewed with Erich last Thursday. He had four changes - Ying has finished three of them. She needs a bit more time to finish up the last one.
- USB device detection – Chris is researching this – possibly, a registry setting – need to know where the message comes from – MS doc on technet.
Student and Department Happenings
- We’re looking into using another method for gathering statistics – no more Deep Metrix (it doesn’t always work and it’s old).
- This week is the break between Summer A & B.
- Grace will work midweek. She has recommended a friend for a job Summer B.
- Nicole graduated; Lisa will return in the fall.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated June 28, 2004
by Debra Fetzer