Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Review Minutes of 5/17/04
- Bobbie/Carlton’s last kid graduated from high school on Friday.
- Arrival of new Soto baby confirmed: Liliana Soto.
- Bobbie reports that the beach was nice this weekend.
- Elder status confirmed: Cynthia’s birthday!
- A week of single mom status is over for Ying (her husband returned from China).
- Recognition of continual service to UF: Cynthia & Ying – 5 years, Suzy – 20 years.
- Fenwall halon system inspection – with two detections, it will go off. Do not take the sprinkler heads off. The inspectors filled out a report, will get an estimate to fix. It has two buttons: big black button to abort (gives you 3 seconds to stop the dumping) and the red military toggle that has a red button underneath – turns the halon release on.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- RIR #1 - UPS batteries have been installed on the NT2R server.
- Ordering is still frozen – unknown when it will resume.
- We’ve been moving the last shipment out – 12 distributed thus far.
- Patching machines – 7 CPU’s are set up in the server room through a defined switch. Just need to be unplugged and will be ready to distribute.
- The same patching scenario is planned for the laptops. Randall Renner has not yet returned the four he checked out over the weekend.
Software Projects Status
- Major ISP problem this morning – ARAIMI having problems – lots of sites intermittent or non-responsive. Fixed as of 10 AM today.
- New engines for the Office Scan products on the server and machines – Will will be downloading them. It will allow us to get pattern upgrades higher than 3-digits. Could possibly have an odd effect on some things.
- Windows Media Player – Bill’s keeps wanting him to update it – techs suggest he remove then reinstall it.
- Jack Waters - problems adding his printer. Local policy refused to allow him to add printers from NT9. Real User was in Power User. He was only unable to add printers from NT9. Bill created a policy database on his computer so he can add printers. Jack wanted to add another printer this morning, but was unable. Need to look at two printers on NT9. XP may have a hole in the policy. The problems are similar to the ALEPH printing problems.
- ALEPH data exchange – still in the works. Winston wrote to Debbie Simms – currently 2 AVI calls per person – she will get back to Winston. He also talked to Jennifer at FCLA about patron loads without using the mainframe. Moving ahead on the issue.
- Facilities POS/Inventory – 2 more weeks to get the requirements finished and to begin testing. We’ll give it to them early and let them give us feedback.
- GIS Zoning – got some changes from Erich last week.
- Web master – 350 messages this morning, all spam.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated June 7, 2004
by Debra Fetzer