Present: Cynthia Bowker, Bill Covey, Debra Fetzer, Bobbie Meng, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Review Minutes of 4/19/04
- Cynthia finished her fence, but pulled a neck muscle in the process.
- Geoffrey picked up his Honda 200 this weekend.
- Cynthia, Winston & Will received Library Performance bonuses.
- Bobbie got two windows finished and a sprinkler system installed on her house.
- Bill found a new lawn maintenance crew – they’re very impressive.
- Geoffrey’s surgery is scheduled for April 30; he’ll be out for a week starting April 29.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Net #7 – BellSouth – all of the email addressees have been changed. If you have your Gatorlink mail forwarded to Systems, you should change the forward to your firstname.lastname@example.org.
- No orders.
- Nothing major broken.
- There are 2 fiber-feed switches at MSL with problems - four ports are dead. ESD may have killed the controllers. Bobbie is working on it. Service to the wall plate is still being politically negotiated.
- Still having trouble with Encyclopedia Judaica.
Software Projects Status
- Wireless – 4th floor MSL – fiber feed is in place. When it does go in, it should give some wireless connectivity throughout the building (theoretically).
- Shands Netsky (X variant) attack scheduled for this Wednesday. They’ve moved the Web site to avoid problems. This should not affect us. At most, we may see traffic increase.
- Martha has been out, so, no progress on the distribution list.
- Rumblings of AD – not ready yet. The root tree is built, but beyond that is unknown.
- Spine label printing – under negotiations.
- Mods to POS/Inventory – Facilities created a presentation as to what they want done. They’d like to include pictures and a shopping cart for supplies. They also want a forecast of departmental usage.
- GIS zoning – Ying gave a brief demo to Erich. He was surprised at the functions added by Gus and Ying. Will need to redevelop the specs. Winston will need to make sure the specs are defined and authoritative. Do not do anything until Erich signs off on it.
- Erich wants a duplicate of Primeviewer software – he can’t afford the real thing. Right now they are using a trial version that they move from machine to machine. They’d like the two software apps to work together. They plan on use by staff and in another location in South Florida. Bill says it’s out there - buy it for all projects.
- Firefox – Cynthia tries printing from the MS Web site and it crashes. It’s probably the Microsoft site; no other browsers can work on it without crashing, either.
Student and Department Happenings
- Trouble getting info passed from Personnel to Tom to keep the staff phone numbers updated online.
- Hilton’s last day is Friday. His position will be filled without waiting 6 months. Need to hire before the end of next month.
- This week is finals week – the students have signed up to cover most of the hours.
- Brian will work next week during the break – mostly at lunchtime.
- Debra is still working on finalizing the student summer work schedule. Is everyone filling out timecards on a daily basis?
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated May 3, 2004
by Debra Fetzer