Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Geoffrey fixed three things in his house over the weekend and did not break anything in the process!
- Geoffrey’s surgery is on hold. Will advise when the surgeon is available.
- Bobbie’s daughter and granddaughters all qualified for the Georgia State Barrel Racing Finals.
- Cynthia put up most of the fence in her yard. She managed to break a saw and got a bit scratched up in the process.
- We should not have any orders going out anytime soon.
- A few pieces have moved out: John Ingram’s workstation, Mil’s new set up. We have received John’s old one back. AFA has not picked up their workstation.
Software Projects Status
- ERES server outage – started Saturday – MSL called CNS (not Bill) and said that Course Reserves were out. Bill was in on Sunday and restarted the service.
- Encyclopedia Judaica – still not working – problem with the CD changer.
- Cataloger’s Desktop – reinstalled the license & it appears to be working. Cut & paste is functional.
- Q831167 IE update – necessary for PeopleSoft. As of Friday afternoon, Shavlik (patch-pushing software) is still dragging their feet. It is not on their list as a critical patch to push. We may not continue to use this vendor as a result. We’ll push the patches manually, if we can’t get results by this evening.
- Problem with BellSouth email – they’ve reconfigured their email system to check the ‘reply to’ address and if it does not match the domain name, the mail will bounce. BellSouth is using it in an effort to stop spam. We devised a cure to this last week; unfortunately, we have to enter the parameter by hand to each individual account. So far, we’ve made the changes to A’s & B’s and special cases. When the changes are made, you’ll be able to send mail to yourid@domain. It relies on a double translation by the DNS server. Address book properties will give the email address.
- Connection in Special Collections has been repaired.
- No distribution list available yet for the new Dells.
- Spine Label printing – Winston is working on the workflow and Hilton is working on the XML processing.
- DLC Image Zoning – to be demoed by Ying this week.
- Cynthia finished the encryption application to manage the transfer of accounts payable data.
- Winston heard from Tom Casserly about forms for keys for encryption. PeopleSoft Slated to start July 1, 2004.
- Student Accounts Receivable – trying to get FCLA to take it back over. July 1 – it will use PeopleSoft account numbers. They have all the information now, should go directly to them. We’ll still have to do the encryption for Jack Waters’ files.
Student and Department Happenings
- Early May – Suzy should be back in the office.
- New student, Grace Miller. Debra is working on the schedule for the summer.
- June 18 is the official date to start recording timecards online with PeopleSoft. Will need to enter your timecard on a daily basis.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated April 27, 2004
by Debra Fetzer