Present: Cynthia Bowker, Bill Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Cynthia got her fence material delivered over the weekend.
- Hilton finished work on their new baby room.
- Ying and Celina had their first Easter egg hunt.
- Hilton accepted a new position at Shands. His last day will be April 23. Unsure if his position will be rehired, may have to wait 6 months per Library policy. Bill has laid out what will happen if we lose positions in the Planning Documents on the Library Web site: http://www.uflib.ufl.edu/admin/libcouncil/LibPlanSys04.pdf
- Systems will have a Farewell Luncheon for Hilton on Wednesday, April 14 at 11AM at Saigon Café.
- Geoffrey’s surgery is scheduled for this Friday, April 16. He’ll be out through April 21.
- Bill warns: watch your finances! There could be a temporary disruption in the first PeopleSoft payroll on July 1st.
Software Projects Status
- Replacement for Judaica – Bill is working on getting it functional.
- Printer out at ALF – has been fixed.
- Cataloger’s Desktop is having issues again.
- 50 more machines with flat paneled monitors have been ordered.
- 40 of the last machines have been distributed; 2 others are set to go and 8 are in reserve.
- Have not received the special machine for John Ingram yet.
- IE patch 831167 – will be pushing it out soon – it’s required for PeopleSoft to work. People who choose not to use IE may not get paid.
- Spine label printing – Winston showed Doug and Daniel the prototype. They had some issues, will make mods. It may go out beyond UF.
- Patron downloads – file from FCLA now coming out of ALEPH rather than DB2. Better in some ways – it has taken out expired records. However, it has also deleted some things that should not have been deleted. This is something that goes from FCLA to us (not to PeopleSoft). Legacy systems are not being converted. Daily accounts receivable may be encrypted at some point.
- Ying – DLC zoning – has successfully loaded Visual Studio.Net. Geoffrey is burning copies of the CD for the other programmers.
- Cynthia is working on PGP (Pretty Good Privacy)) with GPC (Unix Gnu Privacy Card).
- Hilton –latest changes to IRB are done. He is working on two more.
- SysRequest – Closed flag notice is in place; also – expansion of dialog boxes.
Student and Department Happenings
- Question regarding putting personal Web pages on the Library Web site – that’s a no-no. You can, however, put one up on http://plaza.ufl.edu.
- Nicole had to drop her classes, so she’ll be out for the rest of this semester. However, she has one class left to graduate and she’ll be back to work for Summer A.
- Nicole has a roommate who is supposed to come in today to see about a job. The good thing is that she can start now and will be here in the summer.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated April 19, 2004
by Debra Fetzer