Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Review Minutes of 3/8/04
- Geoffrey climbed up onto the roof of his house this weekend and sprained his elbow in the process.
- Bill gave details of the UF baseball game this weekend.
- Again, a beautiful weekend.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- The category of Moves/Construction Status can be removed from the topics list.
- No word on the arrival of the 50 computers – they are not yet trackable on the Dell Web site. Where will they be stored? Per the Vault Queen: most likely the inside vault. Marvin has two carts and one machine in there. We can store the machine on the shelf for him and have him take the carts back.
- Acquisition reported difficulty in getting mail from Germany. AOL could be the culprit. There are periodic problems with AOL’s ability to send mail to UF. If you hear more cases of mail not getting through, please let Bill know.
Software Projects Status
- Server Room AC – Will reset the breaker on Saturday and Sunday. The Trane AC repairman replaced the timer and made adjustments on Friday. Need to call Eric directly, ASAP. In the meantime, only flip the breaker if there is a heat buildup in the room. Breakers are not designed as switches.
- Presentation on AD scheduled for Wednesday.
- First LibQual survey goes out Wednesday via email.
- Winston is being bounced around at Bridges for encryption on Accounts Receivable. Finally, they told him to talk to Mike Conlon about it. Others will need to know, but we are the first to ask. They should be concerned that others haven’t asked about this. Bill recommends having at least one month’s paycheck available when this transition starts. Delay in receiving that first paycheck is possible.
- Ref Express ASP page revisions – Winston was called about making the box look different. They should get back with him in about a week.
- Storage Retrieval – a professor wrote to Tom Minton (Web master) telling him how much he appreciated the quick fix with his Safari browser issue. He especially appreciated that we didn’t just tell him to use another browser.
- Map/GIS – Winston came up with a solution to the uppercase dilemma – it now functions in upper/lower (regular) case.
- New student, Brian Perdomo, started working today.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated March 22, 2004
by Debra Fetzer