Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Bobbie Meng, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
- Bobbie’s stepdaughter won in her class in weightlifting over the weekend.
- Rich sent out an announcement about the ALEPH switch to production.
- The auction was successful.
- Announcement regarding the use of Library vehicles – no students are allowed to operate them.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- BDF has been named ALF (Auxiliary Library Facility).
- ALF is using 15 out of 20 ports. They wanted a separate port for each laptop.
- Tools have been disappearing the ALF construction area.
- Brad’s laptop is still missing. No police report has been filed yet. Systems is not responsible and should not be the one to file the report.
- West won’t be vacant until the end of the month.
- Print server and printers have been installed at ALF.
- The two bathrooms out there are functioning, but are hardly in good shape.
- Shelving is ongoing. TMT is scheduled to go out there tomorrow.
- Low usage reported on HSS&S East public workstations.
Support Issues and Liaisons
- No major orders.
- Nothing major broken.
- Tiered Response Priorities sheet is being worked on.
- Patch-push software – spoke with MMM & Liaisons regarding leaving CPUs on at all times. We will be removing all unresponsive machines from the domain, notifying the affected liaison the day prior. If we receive no immediate response, then it’s a done deal. Our software and virus scans are finding a large amount of machines that are not registering.
Software Projects Status
- Special Collections Grand Reading Room is the only wiring project open at this time.
- Server room – power is being installed as we speak – no completion date. No word on AC – no start date.
Student and Department Happenings
- Storage Retrieval – quiet for the moment. Minor changes possible in the near future.
- Winston is working on Marc transformations for Betsy Simpson – FCLA can’t do batch transformations.
- Current Net – Hilton is adding a tool to add data from a spreadsheet. It will be edit checked.
- SysRequest – Cynthia working on code cleanup.
- Map GIS – some breakthrough today – very complex code.
- No word on the Analyst position that will work through Winston for Erich.
- Winston had a meeting with the Accounts Receivable staff at Tigert – for students - ILL & FCLA stuff. UF has the only in-house programming staff in the state.
- Nikia is out sick.
- HSS&S crew was not informed that their phone extensions were on the same system – they’ve now been notified to send in a SYSHELP to report problems. In addition, the HSS&S extensions are now listed on the Systems Web page.
- Will received an email about the last ERP training session. Not to worry, Trudi will inform us about which sessions to attend. Someone has to be able to do payroll and everyone will need to enter their timecards electronically.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated February 16, 2004
by Debra Fetzer