Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Debra Fetzer, Bobbie Meng, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Review Minutes of 1/26/04
- Super Bowl discussion – Patriots won, but lost the points spread.
- New microwave – contact Ying for contribution.
- TMT Recap, not TNT.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- BDF – Cox is active. There are two switches in the rack – both are powered up – a 3550 and a 2150. Bobbie was given permission to plug up connections. She tried hooking up a machine, but it was not getting out. Will need to contact Matt from CNS.
- Facilities announcement regarding who needs access/key fob requests – in light of their move to BDF.
- FCLA dropout at FSU – unknown why – Bob Jones speculation.
- Facilities’ newly acquired laptop went missing over the weekend. If it has not been found in a few days, they will need to file a police report.
- Shaddy’s Storyspace software issue should now be resolved.
Software Projects Status
- MyDoom plague – went off this weekend – targeting Santa Cruz Operation. Their executives are walking around with bodyguards now.
- MS attack is due to go off tomorrow – MyDoom variant B. 600,000 infections reported. We’ve swept a lot; no infections have gotten through. There have been claims of infection, but they were all spoofed headers. If you check the size column on your email and it’s 23K, then it’s probably MyDoom.
- Geoffrey has received posts from Australia and Singapore about an email bomb – some sort of war protest – that is on it’s way here around Friday or Saturday.
- Server room renovation – waiting for power – Facilities says it is their next priority. AC – have work order and are ready to buy equipment.
- Bill’s desktop – asks if anyone has seen any bizarre screen savers resulting from patches – his preview pane and background changed while he was out of the office for the past two days.
- Active Directory – had an inquiry from Steve Shorb asking if we’ve unified GatorLink passwords. Not yet – we’re not going to get into it until summer. AD is using GatorLink – if you join it, everyone’s GatorLink ID that is not the same as their Library ID will have to be changed. GatorLink password requirement are becoming stricter.
- Storage Retrieval is holding up.
- DLC – testing functions for Maps/GIS. The ESP page is linked to DBase on SQL server. Need to test, not successful yet. ARC IMS – all tables are Dbase – will require an Add box.
- Training for ERP – we’ll all need to go to training – must be able to use it in order to get paid. Trudi from Personnel will advise which session to attend. ERP will be in place by June: make it a priority. Use the portal!
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated February 9, 2004
by Debra Fetzer