Present: Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Bobbie Meng, Geoffrey Stewart, Ying Tang
Review Minutes of 11/03/03
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers are disappointing.
- The Gators eeked out a win over Vanderbilt.
- Nets #4 – should be 800-client access license.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- HSS&S – they’ve been told that they may not have phone or network access, but they still want to move ahead of schedule.
- No RMAs from Microtech yet on two DLC scanners. If we can’t get any response soon, we can pay.
- They have been rather quiet lately.
- There was one inquiry regarding music illegally copied (at home) and played at work – is this a chargeable offense? The answer is: yes.
Software Projects Status
- 54.28 – Systems staff should change their IP address on DNS to this.
- We are in between wiring projects. Need to prioritize.
- Room 1 work is scheduled for November 20.
- Scam – advertisements via pop-ups to cure pop-ups – the only cure is the one they offer. Civil and criminal charges have been pressed against them. They were operating as a franchise.
- One of the major Nigerian spammers has been caught – he was actually from Canada.
- Microsoft has a bounty of a quarter of a million dollars offered for the apprehension of virus writers.
- SQL server move still scheduled for Thanksgiving.
- Java servlet – Winston tried hooking it with the map last Friday – had problems: the map would not show up after registry changes. It is currently not installed. Winston will try again on Wednesday. Arc Info says it is a supported project.
- Cynthia & Hilton – no word from Lori Driscoll on Storage Retrieval.
- Updates to SysRequest ongoing.
- DLC – few requests for Map GIS – Ying finished 3, there are still more.
- Oral History – on the back burner.
Student and Department Happenings
- Tom Minton is in the process of taking over the Web Master position – part time. He needs to be added to the Trouble Ticket system.
- Nikia’s last day is Friday, November 14. Nicole will fill in for most of her hours. Will look for new student in the spring.
- Suzy will be gone on December 1st. She moves to DLC next week.
- Geoffrey’s out on vacation Nov. 17-Dec. 1.
- Debra will put the newly transplanted staff members Norstar phone extensions on the System home page.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated November 17, 2003
by Debra Fetzer