Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart
Review Minutes of 10/6/03
- Gators won. Tampa Bay won.
- Geoffrey won the Chili Contest. He received a 10 out of 3 on the hotness scale!
- Halloween – dress up if you wish.
- IE patch – Classroom 148 and public machines – some are having difficulty updating, but these are only isolated incidents.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Docs/MSL – massive confusion with service at wall plate. Had difficulty getting the phones to come up. The guy in charge of the project went on vacation. CNS (‘SINS’) informed us that we should assign static IPs from our space (10.5) because nothing else will work.
- East south tower reconfiguration – Personnel is moving today and tomorrow.
- North tower – power poles to be installed in East room 1, then we can start networking and electrical wiring. The Reference Desk will have 3 workstations out front.
- No plans for the Book Detention Facility; construction was just started. That said, it is interesting to note that we are waiting for an architect to tell us how to configure the desks in room 107 MSL. Once that is determined, then we can begin to wire. They said to plan for 24, but be prepared for 32.
- Xerox – MSL? They’ll just move over what was there before. NT14 printing: 3 out of 5 in Docs can’t print yet. Can’t print to the plotter – need Joe Aufmuth to be there. CNS is not hooked up in the closet.
- DOT workstations: 20 and counting. Com closet there is very small. We have to get high speed networking in there.
- There is a Web page set up documenting the relocation of staff from West to East.
- Once MSL 107 is set up, we’ll have to move the West classroom 148 there.
Software Projects Status
- Items are being ordered, but there will be no big computer order this year.
- Scanner in DLC needs repair. Will be costly.
- Storage Retrieval – Cynthia demoed to Lori, she had some mods – it’s now done.
- Film Replication – FRDI (‘freddie’) – demoed: few comments, mods – almost done.
- Project for Betsy Simpson – Wright Collection – MARC records that need PERLS inserted. Basically, overlaying a record.
- Web master position – still negotiating trailing spouse situation.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated October 27, 2003
by Debra Fetzer