Present: Rich Bennett, Cynthia Bowker, Will Chaney, Bill Covey, Suzy Covey, Debra Fetzer, Winston Harris, Hilton Soto, Geoffrey Stewart
- Gators lost again. The UF volleyball team is much better.
- Jags won!
- New IE patch available. Does this revise the old patch? It does not say so on the MS site. There are still potential problems. Be very wary of any email coming in with just a URL listed. Need to hurry up and get this latest patch done, regardless. Geoffrey reports that Marvin has updated some public machines already and has not had any problems.
- Slashdot listed UF as a place that people with computers do not want to go. It noted the Icarus system which kicks you off the network if it catches you file sharing.
Ongoing Systems Updates
- Docs/MSL more or less going as well as expected. VOIP is working. No fixed addresses on the public or staff side. The pool for staff addresses is different than the public. Phones are IP phones have network jack in them.
- Room 101 MSL miscue on wiring it is being redone. Our work is finished.
- Have not heard about MSL room 107. No floor plan, but 25 grand has been allocated (West classroom machines).
- Suzy was asked to set up the newly vacated West Accounting office as an online conference room available for reservation.
- East South Tower reconfiguration Bill met with Russ Poole (Infrastructure crew). The other crews involved are: CNS and the Networking crew. Russ agreed that for a 2-year temporary move, we do not have to redo the infrastructure. We await a diagram from Rob before we can start. Something has changed, which is why we need the new diagram. Gary Cornwell may have the latest information.
- Color printer in DLC it is operational, but does not do the color magenta without causing a toner mess in the machine. They are asking for a replacement.
Software Projects Status
- Mil has a new connection he wants made hot a new person in his area room 208. We need to investigate.
- Systems SQL password has changed see Will.
- Documents requested twelve 25 ft extension cables for staff moves to MSL. Planning called into question.
- West Storage Retrieval meeting with Lori Driscoll to demo recent changes this Friday.
- Film Replacement Hitlons side project - demo with Cathy and Suzanne Kiker last Thursday. They were pleased with the progress, but had a couple more modifications.
- Winston met with Erich and Jim Cusick about the Florida Papers Catalog. It is to be digitized: 65,000 cards. Well provide the database, taking the card image and sucking out the fields putting the info on the database. If it works, we may expand this to other cards.
- MaryBeth has been offered the Webmaster position. She is still negotiating spouse needs a job has not accepted yet.
Back to the Systems Homepage
Last updated October 13, 2003
by Debra Fetzer